Home » movies
Category Archives: movies
The Bourne trilogy are in my opinion one of the best (if not the best) action thrillers of all times. They are jam-packed with explosive action, incredible stunts and overall are a great fun to watch, over and over. The movie is starring Matt Damon as Jason Bourne, an assassin who lost his memory and is now trying to get it back. The titles of all three movies are The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum.
While it’s not much of a news, I’ve only recently discovered there’s a blu-ray version of these movies and thought it might be a perfect Christmas gift, for myself as well . Amazon’s got it for a more than acceptable price and the quality is simply stunning. If you know anyone who loves action movies, he/she will love the Bourne.
The Dark Knight on Blu-ray is a great home-theater showoff disc. The detail and colors are tremendous in both dark and bright scenes (the Gotham General scene is a great example of the latter), and the punishing Dolby TrueHD soundtrack makes the house rattle. (After giving us only Dolby 5.1 in a number of big Blu-ray releases this fall, Warner came through with Dolby TrueHD on this one.) One of the most interesting elements of The Dark Knight was how certain scenes were shot in IMAX, and if you saw the movie in an IMAX theater the film’s aspect ratio would suddenly change from standard 2.40:1 to a thrilling 1.43:1 that filled the screen six stories high. For the Blu-ray disc, director Christopher Nolan has somewhat re-created this experience by shifting his film from 2.40:1 aspect ratio (through most of the film) to 1.78:1 in the IMAX scenes. While the effect isn’t as dramatic as it was in theaters, it’s still an eye-catching experience to be watching the film on a widescreen TV with black bars at the top and bottom, then seeing the 1.78:1 scenes completely fill the screen. The main bonus feature on disc 1 is “Gotham Uncovered: The Creation of a Scene,” which is 81 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage about the IMAX scenes, the Bat suit, Gotham Central, and others.
- Movie with Focus Points (picture in picture)
- Explore your favorite movies through BD-Live™, an interactive gateway to exclusive content
- 2.40:1 aspect ratio, with IMAX sequences in 1.78:1
- Gotham Uncovered: Creation of a Scene: Director Christopher Nolan and creative collaborators unmask the incredible detail and planning behind the film, including stunt staging, filming in IMAX®, and the new Bat-suit and Bat-pod.
- Batman Tech: The incredible gadgets and tools (in HD)
- Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of The Dark Knight: Delve into the psyche of Bruce Wayne and the world of Batman through real-world psychotherapy (in HD)
- Gotham Tonight: 6 episodes of Gotham Cable’s premier news program
- The Galleries: The Joker cards, concept art, poster art, production stills, trailers and TV spots
- Digital Copy of the feature film
You can order your own copy of high-quality Blu-ray disc with The Dark Knight for $23,99 here!